Escaping the Magic


Good morning from my bed in the middle of an ancient finca, on a little hill in the centre of Ibiza!

I am blessed with some alone time finally, and I'm working on a proposal to send to one of my favourite literary agents in London. This will be my third time querying with this particular agency, because my dream is to be represented by them. Each time I didn't even get a response from them, I realised that there was so much more work to do on my memoir. It's been worked and re-worked numerous times now, and when looking back at that first query, I kind of cringe, thinking about how much more work there was, and how little I knew. The process of writing a book is the single most ass-kicking, ego-curbing and massive learning process I have ever been through. I feel that me and this book have grown and evolved together, side by side, and it's seriously been the craziest, deepest and most exciting journey I have ever taken in my life (and I have been on quite a few!)

Here is the book summary:

'After several rounds of travelling the world, I finally decided it was time to begin my university studies, aiming for my dream of becoming a journalist reporting from the Middle East, soot on cheeks, missiles whizzing around my head.
But first, I was going to take the longest and most daring journey so far, to fill myself up with travel-magic and adventure before settling in London for three years.

At the beginning of the trip, at a massage course in Chiang Mai, I met a sexy yoga guru much older than myself. I tried hard but failed to resist him. I kept falling under his spell and was trapped in a stern world of spirituality, veganism and philosophy studies, but eventually broke free after graduating university by escaping with a one way ticket to Italy. Joining a yoga teacher training after a few divine days alone, sampling Italian delights, I was finally on my way to freedom – or so I thought.

But from the moment I arrived at the yoga retreat in Puglia, strange things started to happen. There was darkness lurking behind the beautiful façade, trying to lure me in. Before I knew it, I was crazy in love with a beautiful Italian man that looked like a supermodel Jesus Christ, but was simultaneously drawn into his spiritual family cult. Manipulative powers tried to systematically brainwash me by using refined psychological techniques, and after a few months of rebellious resistance, they finally managed to break my spirit. But in that moment, a pure love stepped in and helped me finally escape.'

Comments