Pictures of Italy covered in snow. What?


Pictures of Italy covered in snow. What?
February 7, 2019 From that blog I started but closed down again 


I don’t know what it is about pictures of different Italian places, covered in snow. To me, it’s like an intersection, or a meeting, of two extremely poetic, romantic and soul-touching things.

Snow by itself is beautiful, especially on pictures. Italy by itself is gorgeous, not only on pictures. But the two combined together? I guess also because snow in most parts of Italy is not something to take for granted. It’s something that comes, but rarely. So when the snow actually stays, and covers a gondola in Venice like this, or a trullo in Puglia, that’s when my soul just goes absolutamente PAZZA and I connect immediately to that feeling. That feeling.
You might wonder; WHAT FEELING?
So, let me explain what THAT FEELING means to me. I am convinced you have it as well. Many people have described it in different ways. For me it’s this:
The feeling that makes me feel connected to everything on the planet in a symbiotic way. The feeling that makes me feel my soul, and my soul is like a fine thread of gold. (Yours might be something else)
The feeling that makes me feel as if I belong to this planet, as if every single molecule of my being was meant to be here at this time. The feeling that makes me feel like I AM LIGHT. The feeling that makes me want to write, taste, hear, breathe, live, love, laugh. The feeling that makes me hungry for life, hungry for beautiful food and wine, the feeling that makes me attracted to a man with beautiful deep eyes and sensitive but strong hands.
You know the feeling I mean?
For me, it’s about art, Italy, writing, food, wine and books. Those are the things that make me land right in my gold-thread-soul-string. Sometimes I get triggered; something totally unexpected triggers me to feel that gold.
Most of the time, it takes a little more. Like, most of the time, I need to make it happen myself. I need to actively search out those things that talk to my soul.
If I am not in an environment where I can search out those things, my soul die a little. I feel low, dark, disconnected. If those periods go on for a longer amount of time without me doing some of the above things, I fall and spiral downwards. And from down there, it gets harder to go back up. I need to use all my power and might go come back up and remind myself of the things I need to do to feel that connection, that FEELING, again.
The past few months have been so, so hard.
LIE. The past almost YEAR has been so, so hard. I can’t really remember last time I felt that feeling.
LIE. The last time I felt it was in April 2018. I went back to Puglia to write for two nights and stayed in a magical trullo at the magical Leonardo Trulli Resort where I literally didn’t walk further than 200 metres off the property. I wrote and wrote and wrote. And ate and ate and drank Puglian red wine. I was on creative fire and I was in heaven. THAT FEELING.
I sense it coming back again. It’s been so dark down there in the darkness spiral. I sense it coming back. And I will do everything I can to remind it, give it those ingredients that it needs to be where it should be.

Comments