I miss my book


I miss my book
December 8, 2018 From that blog I started but closed down again 


I actually miss my book.  
It was such a deep and long project; one year and four months of living the story, creating it, re-living it, imagining it and creating it. It was like it WAS my life. I’d be walking in the grocery story aisles, muttering to myself about plot twists and character lines. I’d be dreaming about new chapters at night and sometimes I’d even forget what my actually reality was because I went so deep into the story. 
Once it was finished, and the editing too, I was left with such an empty, gaping hole. I don’t know what to do with it. Yes- write another book!- yes. I’ve already started it, but I can’t seem to gain any momentum with it, which I see as a general theme in my life at the moment. I seem to be mostly stuck in sticky mud and not getting anywhere.  
One of the things I loved the most about writing the book was how life seemed to manifest the stories and characters. I was writing and then my life seemed to magically draw in the characters and the events. It was simply incredible to see it happening.  People seemed to be randomly sucked back into my life- yes, the same people that I based my characters about, as if to remind me of their quirks, and to give me more material to write about.
Being the life long travelled that I am, I seem to be missing the locations the most. I especially miss the south of Italy, oh, how I miss it. 
 Happy weekend! 
Linda xox  

Comments