reflections, mirrors and meeting ourselves in the eye of the other


 It's a known fact that we project unto the other what we dislike in ourselves. It's so much easier to blame others for being a certain way, and to suggest to them to change this. But the truth is that this is most probably something we need to work on in ourselves. 



 Looking myself in the eye in the mirror is one thing. But seeing myself through the mirror which is held up by a fellow soultraveller is a whole different experience. My fellow soultraveller might tell me things about myself that I really do not wish to see. 



It can be so hard to accept who we are, at times. Especially if part of who we are is something we are denying, or have been forming lies to ourselves about, during a whole lifetime. 
The meeting with another brings up truth. The true mirror is held up in front of us inside our closest relationships.



But it is here, inside te deepest love, inside the family, that we can face ourselves. Inside this cocoon of real love, we have the safety and the trust to face the truth. 
To allow the truth to be seen, and to admit to ourselves, that which we would rather not see.
Reflections and true mirrors happen in real love. 

Oh, and by the way, this is my cousin. I admit. She is far, far, far more pretty than me. (ouch. it hurts! ;)

Comments

  1. we choose the mirrors to see ourselves, then we accept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment